Monday, September 29, 2008

36 days...

I know that I said I would be including another war narrative in this entry, but I am quite tired. The only thing I want to talk about tonight is the Bailout. It failed today in the House. The Republicans say that it failed to pass because of Speaker Pelosi's inappropriately partisan speech before the vote. Democrats point the finger to the House Republicans who voted against the leader of their party's bill (President Bush). I think an agreement needs to be reached soon. This current economic situation is hurting Wall Street, Main Street, Broad Street, Broadway, Rodeo Drive, and just about every street across the United States of America. I think ultimately, Republicans don't want to sign their names to it. They are so set on the power of the free-market system. It will be really interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days. My projection is that more banks will have been sold, the Dow Jones will have dropped another several hundred points, and people will have started to panic and make rash adjustments to their personal finances.

No comments: