Friday, September 26, 2008

39 days... Debate Night

Well, I wasn't able to watch the debate live tonight due to being at a baseball game, so I'm watching the replay right now on CNN. I'm sure I'll go into further detail on the debate tomorrow.

All I gotta say for now is... fundamentals. I think I made a fundamental mistake by going to the Cardinals/Reds game tonight and not staying in to watch the debate. Fundamentally, it wasn't a sound decision. There are some fundamental differences between millions of Americans and me. John McCain might say that one of those is that I attended the Cardinals game tonight and millions of Americans did not. Whereas a fundamental difference between J Mac and me is that he believes most of our spending should be in Defense. Now I played basketball and I played soccer in high school, but in this case, I don't think that defense wins.

J Mac wants to protect programs like for Veterans. Obama is arguing in favor of Early Childhood education, Social Security, College Loans, etc. I'm really wondering which votes McCain is trying to court here. 'Cause I'm pretty sure he already has the votes of Veterans. Well, at least those over 60. Maybe I'm wrong.

One more thing. This strategy in Iraq has "succeeded"? J Mac just said that we are winning and we will come home. I guess he's getting soft in his old age. What happened to the McCain we knew and loved who said things like, "We could be there for 100 years, we will win this war, and won't come back until we do so, etc."?

More on this tomorrow. Now, back to watching the debate.

No comments: