Sunday, October 5, 2008

30 more days...

I feel like my fears are about to be realized. The McCain camp is attacking Obama and turning the page on this economic fiasco. Their strategy is to tie Obama to terrorists and slowly chip away at his supporters that may be easily swayed. I refer back to an earlier comment: "How can people be undecided OR potentially convinced to go for the other guy!?"

Tuesday's debate should be good. I really hope that Obama can keep his composure and McCain loses his temper. I think the American people need to see who will be leading us for at least the next four years.

At a museum yesterday, I offered to take a picture of an older couple and their pregnant daughter. After taking the picture and returning the camera to the woman expecting, her mother uttered to me barely audibly, "I know you were a good person when I saw the Obama button!" She was of course, referring to the Obama button that I've worn on the side of my baseball cap for nearly two weeks now. Hopefully, my button has done more than just give people the impression that I'm a good person. I hope that it has challenged people to think long and hard about the choices we have this fall, and that we can't afford to mess this up!

No comments: