Thursday, October 2, 2008

33 days until the election... VP debate night!

Tonight, the vice presidential candidates squared off in St. Louis, MO: Biden vs. Palin. I had been looking forward to watching this debate for weeks along with the rest of the U.S. I'm not really sure that I can declare a winner in the debate. I think both did well. They are both plain-spoken and folksy. There is no question, though, that Joe Biden is much more qualified to lead as the next Vice President. Sarah Palin can definitely relate to a lot of Americans, but she has about as much qualifications to be Vice President, as i do to be the Ayatollah.

This debate was not about who Americans should vote for on November 4. It was designed to introduce the Vice Presidential candidates to the American people. I think it served its purpose. I can't imagine that it changed too many people's minds if they were undecided going into it. The next debate between Obama and McCain, which is on domestic issues, will be much more significant in determining how people will vote in November. I liked the debate because I like watching debates. I think it was fairly moderated. I look forward to hearing the spins, commentaries, reviews, and satire that comes as a result of the big Thursday night showdown.

No comments: